Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Highs and The Lows................


The HIGHS................

As we are sitting on the sofa, I realize she is saying her ABC's in SPANISH!! That's right, SPANISH.............I couldn't believe it! I hooted and hollered and danced all around and this just got her so tickled she just kept going and going..........Now, I have NOT brushed up on my spanish in a while ( which I guess means I can't take credit for teaching her) and there was quite a bit of jibber jabber mixed in there , but I am SO proud of her!! I swear, she's a genius!! I'm the mom, I can say that :)

The LOWS...................

As we continue to struggle with getting her to bed BEFORE the clock strikes midnight, my little Cinderella is putting on one major battle...........So, on the umpteenth time of getting her into her room, she looks at me and says "Shut it, Mommy".............What???? With my very evil glare, I asked her "What did you say"? and she says "Shut up!" and then giggles............Again, with my very evil evil glare, I explained to her that that was NOT a word we use and it was not appropriate at home or at school or ANYWHERE! Thinking it would be so much easier to blame another stinky child in her class, I ask her "Where did you hear that word?" She says...............

Caroline

Of course, Caroline causes the sun to shine, and the rain to fall and pretty much anything around here.............So, I guess that plan didn't work. Because, truth be told, they don't really tell the truth...........Not always, anyway.............Or maybe it's a mix of truths.........Because Caroline probably did say it..........repeating it from someone else...........probably mine!!

No comments: