Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fireproof..................

I'm not talking about the stuff they spray on drapes and children's pajamas..............I am talking about the movie "Fireproof" with Kirk Cameron..........I heard about this movie years ago from my SIL (sister-in-law) and was recently reminded of it again by a friend of mine. So, I ran to blockbuster last night, had to start up a new contract since it has been YEARS since we had rented a movie, and brought it home. I am sure the hubby thought I had lost my mind but was nice enough to sit down and watch it with me. We both thought it was a good movie. A little bad acting here and there but for the most part, it was really good. It certainly makes me wish I had watched it years ago when the SIL first mentioned it.


Also amazing to think they filmed this movie with a $500,000 budget which is a tiny amount compared to 99% of the movies made today..................


I am definitely glad we watched it and will probably watch it again before it has to be returned next week!!


4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

We loved the movie, too. The acting was a little crazy, but the message was outstanding!

Tiffany Lockette said...

Bryan and I thought it was a good movie too. Kirk went a little overboard with his character and others in the movie weren't superb actors/actresses either but the message from the movie is what makes it good.

Rachel and Chad said...

We're actually right in the middle of watching it with my small group from church...part two this weekend...I hope those two can pull it out - not quite sure what will happen! ;)

(Who doesn't love a little Michael Sever blast from the past?! I was so in love with him on Growing Pains!)

Christi Morneault said...

Oh we love this movie...most of the actors are just hometown residents of Albany Georgia and attend the church that produced it. The first movie they produced is great too. Facing the Giants....Football movie with great personal testimonies. There is also some devotional books that go with it just incase you are interested. I haven't read them.