Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sleepy head........


Sweet slumber...........Sweet little girl.................

That blanket has been apart of this little girls life since she was 14months old when she just up and stopped sucking her thumb.......And as much as she loves this blanket, although not a fabulously fancy one, she truly loves one little corner of this blanket........Rubs it between her finger and her thumb on a daily basis.......which is a bit of a step up from rubbing it under her nose which was done for several years!!

She's never been a great sleeper.......And you know, all of the mothers around me that talk about how their babies just slept 12 to 14 hours a night, I used to cringe at them, secretly wishing just one night of what I had.........And why do they tell me?? One look at me and you could tell I was an angry, sleep deprived mom......Do I really need to hear their babies LOVE to sleep........HELL NO!!

And even though it is a live Supernanny Episode here nightly trying to get her to GO TO SLEEP.........I think about how blessed I was to have spent those quiet little nights, every two hours, snuggling with that sweet baby girl........And as she got older, singing one more song, per her request, or rubbing and patting her back JUST ONE MORE TIME.......

As she gets older, and the pitter patter comes down the hall, the debate begins.........Let her in our bed? Send her back to her room? Boy, that girl sure can snuggle..........and sleep sideways and kick...............

Sweet slumber................MY sweet little girl.................
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I've had it both ways, and I will say that there are perks to both. I love putting LL down and knowing she is down for the next 12+ hours...but I also love the middle of the night snuggles I get from Boss. That being said, I'm already praying the Caboose will sleep like her sister! This mama is TIRED!

Rachel and Chad said...

Cute post. I keep trying to remind myself to "cherish" these feeding times in the middle of the night...but right now all I can think about is how long it's going to take to settle him back down to sleep and then how long I have before the next feeding! haha...thanks for the reminder to stop and enjoy. :)

Tiffany Lockette said...

Thought this might interest you since you and I were talking about photography classes.

http://www.katebyarsphotography.com/blog/?p=1720

check it out and see what you think.