Monday, February 8, 2010

A little of this and that..............

SO MUCH TO POST ABOUT!!

So, I will start with a little weekend update...................
Since I am waiting on AAA to come and fix a tire for me................What a start to a Monday......fortunately, my Dad was close and he shuffled the kids back and forth to school for me while I quickly began cleaning out old sippy cups full of----well---let's just call it yogurt now, empty Starbucks cups, bags of old waffles and other various items strewn about my car. Not sure what is worse, the fact that this stuff collects so quickly or the fact that I CARE what the AAA guy thinks of the state of my car, as it is stranded on the side of the road!!

Anywho..........

We had a busy weekend filled with lots of friends, play dates & football!! (damn colts)

Friday night consisted of major clean up !! See previous post, I tend to pile things up! So we spent most of the night putting away clothes and straightening the house for friends of the hubby to come play Saturday morning for a play date.............until they called and canceled.........sorry, Cole, hope you feel better soon! But not much was loss since we were having more friends come Saturday night...........so the laundry continued on!!


Check out my helpers!!

How lucky am I!!

Makes it less of a chore, you know!!

Now Saturday stayed damp and dreary ALL day! My make up tennis match was officially canceled at noon, thank heavens, so while the Grandparents watched big girl, and baby boy napped, I ran to the grocery to grab some goodies for the upcoming guests!

Saturday nights menu?? Pizza and Salad!! And I didn't even have to make the salad!! Our normal pizza place has to be missing us!! We are the regulars, you know?? But times is tough these days and you have to cut back where you can!! So, frozen pizza it is.........Makes it all OK when you have great friends to eat with!

Do I have any pictures?? nope............unfortunately! If I did, it would show 3 wonderful kids playing and laughing and doing laps through the house and 4 adults chatting, sitting on the kitchen countertops and truly enjoying each others company........I have to say, and I am totally stealing my friends comments, but it isn't all that often that couples who met through the wives, all really get along....You know, sometimes the wives are the best of friends but the hubby's don't necessarily click or the hubby's love to hang out but one didn't marry a very cool girl!! Anyway, We really enjoy hanging out with each other and wish it happened more often......They are the kind of friends that don't care necessarily WHAT we are eating or WHAT we are doing, but just that we are all together.............And it's comfortable...........Can and DO pretty much chat about anything!!

And apparently all our fun, tired my kiddos out because everyone slept till way after 8am! Which, in our house, is LATE!

So, Sunday brought tennis for the hubby and minute clinic visits for Emme and myself! Cold and sinus infection........fun! But we arrived back home just in time for naps...........While I started a
big hot pot of chili...........I found a great recipe online and I really was excited to try it....We had neighbors coming over so I got busy making apps and chili!! YUMMY!!

Or so I thought................

I spent several hours chopping and cooking and making this chili...........It smelled heavenly! The aromas were fantastic......So several hours later I took a little bite just to see how it was coming along..........DAMN.........FIRE ENGINE HOT................Great flavor, till your eyes rolled back into your head and you had a flash back from an episode of Man VS Food and broke out into a sweaty mess begging for milk.........Too DAMN spicy!

And then the neighbors cancelled............Which I guess was actually a blessing.............So, I figured I would GOOGLE what to do if your chili was too spicy..........And VOILA! Answers galore!

So I added some brown sugar and took a little taste...............AWFUL!............Now, I had sweet FIRE ENGINE HOT chili............AWFUL!!.......................Oh well, Next time I will take pictures of all my prepping, and then all of it in the TRASH CAN! ok, not all of it, the hubby was kind enough to have a bowl and swallowed it and kindly told me it wasn't so bad.........he is so sweet........

Oh well............At least we had some football to watch, right!!

Didn't love the halftime show, but there were some cute commercials!!

NEXT POST???..........Happy Engagement Anniversary to me!!

2 comments:

Angie Callaway said...

sounds like a fun weekend! sorry about your chilli! but it made for some funny reading!

Tiffany Lockette said...

Sucks when you put so much effort into cooking something and it just doesn't turn out quiet right.