Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weekend recap........

Time flies by so quickly......I am desperate not to blink, not miss a second, and if I could have the video camera on 100% of the time, I would!! It's the little things I know I won't remember........The sound of their giggle, or shriek, or out right belly laugh.....Life gets so busy that it is hard sometimes to just watch....listen.....

I wish I had started this blog years ago.......to truly chronicle our lives!! I am not a journal keeper, although I wish I was.........I am not a letter writer, although I wish I was. My friend, Kim , is amazing in her journaling as well as having beautiful journals to write and treasure. I am the queen of the sticky note......sticking it on some cheap daily calendar I bought that gets buried in the bottom of the car under the stack of crinkled artwork, the empty Starbucks cups, and the winter coat/hat/gloves cause who knows when you just might need them!

We had dinner with some new friends Friday night. Pizza and salad and a great FENCED IN FLAT backyard! It was so nice feeling comfortable with friends and watching the kids play while a little adult conversation was had (in between the normal..stop this, stop that, don't do this, don't do that)!!

Saturday started with early risers.......of course..........and the princess was off to ballet!! Although the parents are banned from the room, I love seeing them all dressed up in their tiny ballet slippers and sweet tutus.....Again, I know I will have pictures to remind me of her little knobby knees and the princess panties shining through but I truly want to freeze time.....The interaction between the little girls is hilarious......Like little mini mommies........The chatter, the laughs, the running, and the "showing off" of whatever latest fashion item someone has...........

Once home it was nap time and then off to watch mommy play tennis......Grandmother and cousin joined us at the courts and fun was had by all.....Until the rain came and brought the party back to the Monkey Pad.....Tennis partner (friend) and family joined us, picked up Mexican for dinner (way too thoughtful for them to pick up the tab, but that is the kind of people they are) and in true 3 year old fashion........They stripped! That's right, they stripped and grabbed the nearest tutu!! I mean, don't we all play hide and seek in our tutus???? OK, I'm not really asking that question!!

Due to the rain delay, tennis began all over again on Sunday........Super dad took kids to a princess birthday party and fortunately, they served cocktails! Think it was needed!! While mommy played tennis, AGAIN!

Hard to remember, but I think the afternoon was spent relaxing.....See, I can't remember day to day what we do, how am I gonna remember how the door creaks first.......then pitter patter footsteps down the hall before........TA DA!! she's eye level with you, staring and begging to climb into "mommy daddy" bed........

Anyway, I know I ramble...............

But Honestly, I will even miss my SUPERNANNY episode.......Don't worry, I'll post that one later :)

1 comment:

Tiffany Lockette said...

You are so funny but I totally understand what you are going through. I am the cryer of the family. All of a sudden Bryan will look over at me after we put Zoe to bed and I will be crying, not because something happened, I'm just sad but at the same time elated that Zoe is growing up. It seems to be happening way too fast though and I am desperate to slow it down. Just remember to love them everyday and live each day like there is no tomorrow. Those kids are in such good care and they will know their Mommy adores them. Hugs!!