Monday, August 15, 2011

BIG girl school..............

Emery started Kindergarten today at Brown Elementary.........Heartwarming and Heartbreaking all at the same time!! I cried more yesterday, than I did today......She's such a sweet little girl and I am so excited to see this new chapter in her life but I am still clinging to my little baby girl. The little baby girl that has brought me so much joy and filled my heart till it is completely overflowing............

At Brown's open house last Thursday, she was given a homework assignment (that we almost forgot to do until 9pm sunday evening). In a ziploc bag, she was given some yellow and green paper, a red marker, glue stick, scissors and some instructions. Make a flower out of the items provided and write words to describe yourself. As she was cutting and pasting, the hubby and I asked her to describe herself. First word? HAPPY........Then KIND, LOVING, LOVES EVERYBODY, FLOWER, CARING, NICE.........wow, her words, I 'bout died!

Drop off went really well.........It was the day before that had a little high drama......The adorable outfit that mama was so excited about her wearing has been shifted to Tuesday. Why? She just really wanted to wear a pink outfit that twirled.........WTH!! So, plan B.........I gave her some choices, so hopefully Mama and Baby Girl could be happy. And then this morning? She changed her mind again.........This morning, she decided she wanted to match her backpack...........I know, it's gonna be a long year. And do you know what else I know? Am gonna start campaigning for school uniforms TOMORROW!!


For those of you who know me well, you have to know that it really took alot for me to just let her wear what she wanted. I am a mama with a plan. So, as I was tossing and turning in my sleep last night, I decided I would just take a bunch of pictures, everyday, in every outfit and then decide which photo album I will label as "First Day of School".....I mean, cuz in like 20 years, who's gonna really remember, right? Ok, this probably won't work but I did finally fall asleep............just sayin...........

Emery's teachers are Ms. Cheryl, Mrs. Waits and Ms. Messenger. She got very lucky to have one of her best friends, Kate, in her class as well as Rosie and Lucy. And with the support of my hubby, I was able to sign up to be a Room MOM! I. Can. NOT. Wait! I am very much looking forward to being apart of her first year of school. Brown is a fantastic and very small little school. With only about 250 students, there's only two kindergarten classrooms. It doesn't fall on all the fancy TOP SCHOOLS of the WORLD charts but it is so wonderful to see a very happy and involved Principal and Staff.......I can even have Ms. Cindy, our lunchroom lady, help Emery make great choices at lunch............There's talk of it eventually closing for a bigger and better school so who knows what's ahead. But for her first year? I am thrilled!!

Emery, Mommy loves you more than words can ever say. And the fact that the word HAPPY is how you described yourself makes me thank God for all of my many blessings and for maybe not messing up so bad these first 5 1/2 years!









































7 comments:

Kristin Dabson said...

Sweet girl. So exciting! And those photos are just too cute. For the record, I was glad to hear Kate use "happy" as well, but I knew you'd appreciate "Gator" and "pinkalicious" more. :) What I'm really wondering is how we can get a web cam in there!

holly said...

i cannot wait to see the outfit you picked for her because this one is just about the most adorable ever! congratulations, emery! and congratulations, kristi! you have a kindergartner! yayayay!

Unknown said...

Sweet girl . Those pictures are like her memory =]

Visit Operion for Ecommerce Website| Online Invoice Software| Online Invoice | Web Based Billing System

Unknown said...

Thanks For This Blog, was added to my bookmarks.
Web Designing Karachi

Unknown said...

FICHIERS DU MONDE VOUS OFFRE LA CHANCE DE ACHETER DES LISTES ET FICHIERS D'ADRESSES EMAILS B2C ET B2B DE FRANCE, LUXEMBOURG, SUISSE, BELGIQUE, ANGLETERRE, PAYS-BAS, ALLEMAGNE OU ESPAGNE SEULMENT POUR 250 EUROS

http://www.fichiersdemailsdumonde.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Interesting post and the information is very useful. Thanks and Keep sharing the info like This. Also I want you to check out this BT Contact Number